Why is Dental Insurance Important?
Over 120 medical conditions can be first detected by a dental exam.
- Brain Tumors
- Oral Cancers
- Thyroid Problems
- Hardening of the Arteries
Dental benefits encourages preventive care. Every $1 spent on prevention saves $4 in treatment.
117,000 school hours are missed for every 100,000 students due to oral health issues.
If you would like to sign up by mail, download and print the enrollment form by clicking the link above, and send to GIS Benefit Center, PO Box 8633, Madison WI, 53708-8633 - Credit Card Payments or Automatic Checking Withdrawals Available.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When will my plan take effect?
- The plan goes into effect the 1st day of the month following receipt of application and first month premium payment.
- What is the dependent eligibility?
- Eligible dependents are covered up to age 19 unless they are a full time student, then they are covered up to age 24.
- Can I really go to any dentist?
- Yes, benefits are payable to any licensed dental provider. Dentists can call Ameritas prior to treatment to verify how the claim will be paid out if you use one of our approximately 60,000 PPO dentists Nationwide, you could receive even greater savings. Visit www.ameritas.com to get a listing.
- Can I participate in this plan along with the dental plan I currently have?
- Yes, this plan will coordinate benefits payable with other insurance plans.
- What day will the premium be deducted?
- If you choose the EFT method of payment, the money will be taken out of your account around the 15th of every month for the next month’s premium. If you select the credit card method of payment, the money will be taken out around the 20th of every month for the next month's premium.